Visitors will be temporarily suspended across all Southern Trust sites – including Craigavon and Daisy Hill Hospitals – from 6pm on Friday.
The Trust made the announcement this afternoon following a reported outbreak in Daisy Hill Hospital, which follows on from three outbreaks at Craigavon Area Hospital.
Only end of life visits and birthing partners will be permitted to attend.
A Southern Trust spokesperson said: “This is to protect visitors, patients and staff given the increased level of COVID-19 currently circulating in this area.
“We are encouraging virtual visits for example through personal smart phone technology or relatives who need help with this can call our Virtual Visiting co-ordinator between 9am and 5pm on 077 7651 6419 to set this up with their loved on.”
In end-of-life/birthing partners cases, the following will apply:
– Only one visitor is permitted per day and for a maximum of one hour as set out by the Department of Health. When visiting you should minimise movement and only stay in the immediate area of the patient.
– Each patient/resident or their next of kin will be asked to nominate a maximum of two people to be their designated visitors for the duration of their stay.
– Visitors will wear the appropriate PPE as provided by the Trust facility.
– Hands must be sanitised regularly throughout their visit, especially on entering and leaving the ward and hospital/facility.
– Children under 16 years are not permitted to visit unless there are exceptional circumstances and it has been agreed by the Nurse in Charge.
– Birthing partners are only allowed to accompany the woman to the dating scan, anomaly scan and for active labour and birth.
– Virtual visiting remains the preference.
– Anyone who is shielding or self-isolating must not visit.
The Trust wishes to thank the public for their co-operation and support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please visit www.southerntrust.hscni.net for full visiting information and guidance.
Become a member
Support local, independent businesses by becoming an independent member.Become a member