A former Jonesborogh church situated within the idyllic Ring of Gullion – an area of outstanding natural beauty – and Ravensdale Forest has gone on the open market.
The building which is listed Category B, is the former Church of Ireland originally built in 1866 to replace the previous building dating to 1732 as is being offered “for sale as seen”.
Constructed to replace a church originally built in 1732 and re-built in 1772. The Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon building opened for worship in September 1866. Due to decrease in the local Church of Ireland population, it was closed in 1991. Sold the following year, it has lay empty ever since.
The building is described as having “great potential and can be adapted to suit numerous types of business or residential living alike”.
This property may be suitable for conversion to both residential or commercial use. (Subject to Planning approval).
The asking price had been listed as £89,950 and a buyer had been found last year but the sale did not proceed.
If travelling from Newry proceed towards the southern By- pass for Dublin, the former Church is 45 minutes to both Belfast and Dublin alike, just off the M1 Belfast to Dublin motorway.
When onto the bypass take the turn off for Jonesboro at Junction 20 and turn right at signposted for Jonesboro. Travel over the bridge towards Jonesboro village and the subject property is situated on the left hand side.
Intending purchasers should make their own enquiries with regard to this if required. The Property extends to Approx. GEFA 2190 sq ft (203 sqm)