Keep up with Armagh i

Man (93) and woman (86) rescued in Richhill bungalow blaze drama

Two pensioners were taken to hospital suffering from burns and smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in their Richhill home last night.

Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service were alerted to the fire shortly before 10.30pm on Sunday.

The couple were alerted to the fire when smoke alarms sounded and used body-worn ‘panic’ buttons to raise the alarm.

The call came through to the company who immediately alerted the Fire Service.

Fire crews from Armagh and Portadown raced to the scene of the blaze at a bungalow in the Richmond Heights area of the village.

Firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, rescued the two pensioners from their home, before extinguishing a blaze in the bedroom.

The 93-year-old man and 86-year-old woman were taken by ambulance to Craigavon Area Hospital.

It has been confirmed that both suffered burns and smoke inhalation.

Read more news:

Newry and Armagh MLA Dominic Bradley announces retirement from politics

Families evacuated as ‘viable device’ is made safe

Marcell Seeley murder: Detectives granted more time to question suspect

Police receive support from local residents in ‘boy racer’ clamp down

Become a member

Support local, independent businesses by becoming an independent member.

Become a member

Most read today

More in News