Keep up with Armagh i

Woman treated for burns after accidental chip pan fire

A 31-year-old woman received treatment for burns and smoke inhalation after an accidental chip fan fire in Portadown.

The incident happened at a terraced house in Glanroy Avenue area yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon.

She was treated by Fire and Rescue Service at the scene before being taken by ambulance to hospital.

Fire service say the cause of the blaze appeared accidental.

A sounding smoke alarm alerted occupier to the fire and firefighters from Portadown station attended the incident.

More county Armagh news:

We have the ‘chance to lead the way’ in changing how we look at the debilitating illness Fibromyalgia

Tributes paid to Co Armagh student following suspicious death in England

New £22.5m further eduction campus announced for Craigavon

Kennedy writes to BBC seeking ‘improved’ TV coverage of rural Twelfth venues

Vulnerable victim Owen (40) hid in wheelie bin after brutal murder

Portadown’s High Street Mall put on the market for sale

Armagh man hailed a hero after his quick actions saved woman’s life

Thousands due in Markethill for Co Armagh Twelfth demonstration

Sign Up To Our Giveaways

Get entered into our regular giveaways – now exclusive to members ONLY! Sign up for FREE here.

Most read today

Latest podcasts

More in News