Keep up with Armagh i

Lurgan bistro owner ‘heartbroken’ after overnight fire guts premises

A Lurgan bistro owner says  he has been left “heartbroken” after his business premises was badly damaged in an overnight fire.

Patrick O’Hagan, who owns the popular Wee Paddy’s Bistro, took to social media stating: “The difference a day makes my heart broken into a million pieces. I have my family and health though and that’s what’s always been most important to me.

“Thanks for all the kind messages just need to now try get my head around all this madness. Wee Paddy’s Bistro, my second home, will be back bigger and stronger soon.”

He told customers that the business would be closed until further notice.

A spokesperson from the NI Fire and Rescue Service said two appliances from Lurgan station attended the blaze, along with one crew from Portadown.

The incident was dealt with shortly after 2.30am.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental ignition.

SDLP councillor Ciaran Toman said: “Sorry to hear about the devastating news and I pray Wee Paddy’s Bistro is back up and running very soon.

“Paddy has been a big supporter to local sporting teams, organisations and charities in the town and I know Lurgan will come out to support Wee Paddy’s when he reopens. I am sure many from the local community are willing to roll up their sleeves to give him a hand. Thinking of you all.”

Meanwhile, Sinn Fein Councillor Liam Mackle added: “Absolutely gutted for you Paddy, hopefully you can get back up and providing your wonderful hospitality to the people of Lurgan ASAP.”

Alliance Councillor Peter Lavery showed his support stating: “Thinking of you and your family and staff Paddy. Lurgan is 100% behind you.”

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

Most read today

More in Lurgan