
Bail has been refused for a man with 104 previous convictions who is accused of assaulting a female; making a threat to damage a property in Craigavon and possession of a knife as an offensive weapon.
Edward Cowley, of Scarva Walk, Banbridge, allegedly committed offences at Drumgor Heights in Craigavon on January 14 this year.
The 33-year-old is also charged with assaulting a female on November 28, 2023.
He appeared at Craigavon Magistrates’ Court via video link from prison.
A police officer said the defendant and a co-accused had attended Drumgor Heights.
The officer said in one incident the defendant had allegedly thrown a knife at a car in North Street in Lurgan.
He had 104 previous convictions, 21 bail breaches and 19 bench warrants.
The officer said the defendant had “substance abuse”.
He said a concerning factor is “the propensity towards weaponry” and there had been allegations of “knives and baseball bats and I am also dealing with a case where Mr Cowley has allegedly used a screwdriver to assault a female”.
The officer said there would be a “high risk” of reoffending if the defendant was bailed.
District Judge Michael Ranaghan refused bail and the case was adjourned to April 25.