Keep up with Armagh i

Smoke alarm alerts residents to blaze at Tandragee home

A smoke alarm inevitably helped save the lives of two Tandragee residents after a fire broke out in their home.

The alarm was raised shortly before 1.30am yesterday (Friday), January 9.

The fire started in a utility room of the terraced house in the Sinton Park area of the town.

The occupants had been sleeping at the time and were alerted when their smoke alarm went off.

Fire appliances from Portadown raced to the scene and, by the time they arrived, they found the house was already heavily smoke-logged.

Firefighters administered oxygen to two occupants, who suffered slight smoke inhalation.

They also used two hosereel jets to extinguish the blaze.

The two people were treated by ambulance personnel at the scene.

Read more news:

Tuesday meeting planned to discuss fall-out of Tesco’s city withdrawal

Tesco pull the plug on Armagh store

Man suffers fractured jaw and skull in Armagh attack

Landowners and ratepayers may foot bills for illegal diesel trade clean-up

South Armagh ‘snubbed’ over £30,000 new ‘super-council’ name

Three men charged following county Armagh burglaries

Four men suspected of burglaries in Keady and Markethill arrested

WARNING: Facebook scam victim hit with distressing allegations

Become a member

Support local, independent businesses by becoming an independent member.

Become a member

Most read today

More in News