A player from a Co Armagh football team is one of three new of coronavirus cases in Northern Ireland.
Portadown-based Hanover FC confirmed the news on social media.
And a visiting team – Coagh United – said it too had been informed of the situation.
Hanover FC had travelled to Coagh Sports Centre to take on the Coagh Reserves team.
The team confirmed the news in a statement on social media.
It said: “Hanover FC can confirm that a player from the club has been tested as positive for coronavirus this evening following playing on a fixture vs Coagh Utd Reserves.
“Hanover FC had no knowledge of the testing prior to confirmation of the positive test at 6.30pm this evening.”
It said it “imediately then took all precautionary measures by contacting Hanover players, the opposing club along with MUFL and liaising with NHS via their helpline for advice which has now been passed on to all in question”.
The statement added: “We also immediately cancelled a planned function and have arranged for a deep clean to be performed by qualified contractors.
“Again we would wish to stress that this is something that we had no prior knowledge but following the swift actions taken upon discovery we hope that this will help in ensuring all those in direct contact with the person in question remain unaffected.”
The Co Tyrone club, in a statement, said: “At 7pm we were informed that a player from this visiting team had tested positive for coronavirus. This has been confirmed.
“We have taken advice from the NHS and from the Mid Ulster Football League. Anyone that was playing in the Reserves match today must monitor themselves for the next 24 hours.
“If they feel that they have any symptoms of the Coronavirus, they should get tested immediately.
“If anyone has been in the Social Club this evening for our darts competition; the advice is that you are at very low risk. However should you feel any symptoms over the next 24 hours, you should get tested.
“We are sincerely sorry for this; this is something that is completely beyond our control. We will keep you updated with all information.”
Meanwhile, suggestions that Craigavon Area Hospital is in lockdown after a local diagnosis have been rubbished.
Ulster Unionist Councillor Julie Flaherty said this was not the case and took to Facebook to spread the word.
She posted: “I’ve had some calls about CAH tonight..Please no one panic!
“Craigavon Area Hospital is NOT closed.
“It’s a usual manic busy Saturday night.
“I have heard the news and am dreadfully sorry to hear it but please….and I mean PLEASE…do not panic here guys!
“Follow the straightforward advice from the Public health agency and be super mindful of your hygiene and contacts as advised. Phone 111 Do not go to ED or your GP- phone 111 if you are concerned about symptoms.”
DUP Upper Bann MP Carla Lockhart commented: “Whilst this player did test positive for the Corona Virus the club have taken all the necessary precautions and followed NHS advice. As such any other players involved in today’s match have been informed and will be tested in line with Government guidelines.
“I spoke also with the NHS helpline and they advise for anyone who was in contact with the young man to self isolate and contact your GP.
“My thoughts are with the player who has contracted this virus and I wish him a speedy recovery and return to full health again. Hanover FC are to be commended for their swift actions and openness on this sensitive matter.”
There are so far seven confirmed cases in Northern Ireland.
Sign Up To Our Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for major breaking news stories as they happen – right to your inbox.