A man accused of wounding another male with intent to cause grievous bodily harm will face Crown proceedings, a court has heard.
It was revealed the 21-year-old had been granted bail in December of last year but had not been able to perfect this since.
Gytis Kulevicius, of no fixed abode, appeared charged with theft from a dwelling and wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm at Craigavon Magistrates’ Court, on Friday.
At a previous court hearing, a constable outlined that on June 10, at around 2am, police received a report from the Ambulance Service regarding an alleged assault at an address on Thomas Street in Portadown.
Officers arrived to observe injuries to the alleged injured party’s head and left hand and blood on the kitchen floor of the property.
The alleged injured party identified the defendant and further alleged he had also stolen his Samsung S8 mobile.
Kulevicius was subsequently arrested on June 15 and the mobile was allegedly found on his person.
During an interview, the defendant denied the allegations made against him.
Following this, Kulevicius was released on bail but failed to return to police, court was told.
The defendant resurfaced on December 8 and was rearrested for the offences.
On this occasion, Kulevicius made full admissions during an interview, court heard.
Appearing via videolink from Hydebank, the defendant made no objection to the holding of a preliminary enquiry.
Prosecution submitted that based on the papers before the court there was a prima facie case to answer.
Defence barrister David McKeown made no contrary submissions.
District Judge Nigel Broderick said that he was satisfied there was a prima facie case to answer.
Kulevicius was remanded in custody to appear before Craigavon Crown Court on February 2.
Mr McKeown informed the court that the defendant had been granted bail on December 20 but had not since been able to perfect, due to issues over a suitable address.