There have been two further Covid-related deaths reported in Northern Ireland in the past 24 hours.
There were no further deaths recorded in the Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council area (351) or in the Newry Mourne and Down district (195). the total number of deaths stands at 351 – up one from yesterday and second only to Belfast at 473.
The number of deaths in Mid Ulster is up one to 243.
There have been a further 1,339 – up 49 – cases recorded in the last 24 hours, according to the Department of Health’s latest daily dashboard update.
There were 177 – up 29 – positive cases in Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon – the second highest in NI. There were 125 cases in Mid-Ulster, while Newry, Mourne and Down recorded 108. Belfast – the highest in NI – recorded 219 positive cases.
A total of 4,590 individuals were tested in that time.
There are 362 – up 16 – people in hospitals across Northern Ireland as a result of the virus, 31 – down three – of whom are in intensive care unit.
There are currently 95 – no change – Covid patients in the Southern Trust area with 55 – down five – patients in Craigavon Area Hospital, and 17 ICU beds available across Northern Ireland.
Hospital capacity in Northern Ireland currently stands at 105% – no change.
The total number of deaths now stands at 2,575.
Meanwhile, The Department of Health today published the Vaccination Status of Deaths and Hospitalisations Report.
This report presents results for Northern Ireland on the vaccination status of patients who have been hospitalised from Covid-19 and of those who have died from Covid-19 between August 30 and September 26, 2021.
Key Findings – Hospitalisations:
• Three-quarters of adult inpatients aged under 50 are unvaccinated.
• More than a fifth (22%) of inpatients aged 50 and over are unvaccinated.
• Unvaccinated individuals aged 50 and over are five times as likely to be admitted to hospital as fully vaccinated individuals.
• For adults under 50, whilst the numbers admitted to hospital are lower, an unvaccinated individual is almost 18 times as likely to need hospitalisation.
• Unvaccinated individuals aged 50 and over are almost four times as likely to die.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter here.