Three new cases of coronavirus have been revealed in Northern Ireland.
It now brings the total here to seven.
The Department of Health has confirmed the news tonight (Saturday).
It said testing of patients in Northern Ireland has resulted in three new presumptive positive results for coronavirus (Covid-19).
Further positive tests have been expected and the advice to the public remains unchanged.
Said the spokesperson: “Northern Ireland is still in the containment phase.
“The latest three cases are all adults who had recently travelled from Italy and are linked to a previously confirmed positive case.
“Public Health Agency staff are working quickly to identify contacts the individuals may have had, with the objective of preventing further spread of the virus.
“In line with established protocols, presumptive positive Northern Ireland test results are sent to Public Health England laboratories for verification.”
Become a member
Support local, independent businesses by becoming an independent member.Become a member