Keep up with Armagh i

Man taken to hospital after kitchen fire at house in Newry

A man was taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a property in Newry this afternoon (Wednesday).

The man, who was in his 40’s, was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation following the kitchen fire at his home on the Killeavy Road at around 12.40pm.

It is understood this was a precautionary measure.

One fire crew from Newry attended the incident.

A spokesperson for the NI Fire and Rescue Service told Armagh I: “Firefighters were called to a small fire in the kitchen of a semi-detached single storey house.

“The occupant of the house was alerted by his smoke alarm and had evacuated before firefighters arrived.

“Firefighters used one jet and a water extinguisher to extinguish the fire. The incident was dealt with by 1.20pm and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental ignition.”

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

Most read today

More in Newry