Keep up with Armagh i

Man (90) rescued from bungalow blaze in South Armagh

A 90-year-old man was rescued from his South Armagh home after a working smoke alarm activated.

NI Fire and Rescue Service personnel revealed that a report of the blaze at the bungalow, on the Ballymoyer Road, was received shortly before 7pm yesterday, (Wednesday).

Fire crews from Newtownhamilton and Newry stations attended the scene.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire.

NIFRS confirmed: “A 90-year-old man was led to safety by Fire and Rescue Service. Fire crews administered oxygen therapy to the casualty for smoke inhalation at the scene.

“The cause of the fire appeared accidental.

“A sounding smoke alarm alerted persons to the fire.”

Read more news:

Motorists hit with almost 2,400 parking tickets in Armagh city

New Craigavon Omniplex cinema opens this Friday

Inquest hears claims of state agents involvement ‘in mass murder’

Two men cut from car less than 24 hours after similar incident

Become a member

Support local, independent businesses by becoming an independent member.

Become a member

Most read today

More in News