A member of staff has been praised for her “quick, heroic actions” after a fire broke out at a chip shop in Lurgan.
The incident occurred this afternoon(Friday) at Nantuckets Chip Shop on the Banbridge Road.
On a post of their Facebook page, Nantuckets wrote: “Unfortunately due to a fire this afternoon (you may have seen the fire engines) in the shop we will be closed for the next few days until we get a team in to repair the damage caused.
“Fortunately no one was seriously injured, if it wasn’t for the quick, heroic actions of Nicola our Chip Shop would not be standing.
We will keep everyone updated daily until we are back open to feed the people of Lurgan for chippy wippys – hopefully next 7 days”
Sign Up To Our Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for major breaking news stories as they happen – right to your inbox.