Oxford Island has full re-opened after a suspected ‘wartime munition’ was found there earlier today (Thursday).
The object was examined by ATO officers and made safe.
Police have said that members of the public who left their cars in the carpark are now free to return and collect their vehicles.
They had been dealing with a security alert in the area this afternoon and members of the public had been asked to avoid the area due to the discovery of, what police had described as, “a suspicious object”.
Chief Inspector Flanigan said at the time: “Cordons are currently in place and we are working to clear the area.
“I appreciate this will, unfortunately, cause some disruption for those in the area, however keeping people safe is paramount and we will not take any risks.”