A popular and gifted mechanic was laid to rest in Armagh on Sunday following his tragic death last week.
Kieran Freeman, who was in his 50s, passed away following a fire at his home in the St Brigid’s Hill area of the city on Thursday afternoon.
Mr Freeman was the beloved son of Sheila and the late Michael and a loving father of Liam, Caira, Reece, Jacody, Samara, and brother of Joey, Jim and the late Martin.
He was laid to rest in St Patrick’s Cemetery following his funeral mass at St Malachy’s Church.
Newry and Armagh MLA Cathal Boylan said that his death had shocked everyone in the community.
“This is tragic news which has shocked the neighbourhood here,” said Mr Boylan.
“Our thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of the deceased.
“He was a popular man, a gifted mechanic who got on well with all.
“The father of five also leaves an 85-year-old mother who is heartbroken.”
He added: “I also wish to commend the Emergency Services for their efforts and professionalism.
“Death by incidents of fire unfortunately still occurs far too often. Fire Service and Safety personnel constantly remind us about the dangers of fire.
“The local Fire Service will be focusing on this area next week to offer advice and are happy for anyone to contact them should they need information about reducing the risk of fire in their homes.”