Keep up with Armagh i

ABC Council issue anti-social behaviour reporting advice

Anti-social behaviour can take a variety of different forms, from noise, to stray dogs, to assaults and hate crimes. There are also a number of different organisations to report anti-social behaviour to.

To help advise members of the public on how to tackle this growing issue, Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon PCSP have produced leaflets and posters offering guidance on best practice.

ASB can be a very serious problem that can cause much distress and nuisance – so to make sure it is dealt with as quickly as possible, it is important to report the issue to the correct agency so you can receive the appropriate help and support.

The recently launched literature sets out four simple steps for dealing with anti-social behaviour.

If you or others are in immediate danger, you are advised to contact 999. If this is not the case, but a crime is being committed, you should contact police on 101.

If the issue relates to noise, dog fouling, dog nuisance, abandoned vehicles, illegal dumping or other similar issues, the public are asked to contact ABC Council and ask for the Environmental Health Department.

Other agencies that can assist with anti-social behaviour include:

  • The Northern Ireland Housing Executive for tenant issues in NIHE and homelessness.
  • ABC Council for ASB in parks and council-owned spaces.
  • Southern Health and Social Care Trust for concerns regarding children, older people or those with a mental illness.
  • Policing and Community Safety Partnership for graffiti that is offensive in nature.

Councillor Thomas Larkham, Chair of Armagh Banbridge Craigavon PCSP commented: “Council staff and elected representatives receive reports of anti-social behaviour on a regular basis and it is frustrating that these issues could often be dealt with in a more timely manner if they were reported straight to the agency who has the power to address the issue.

“These new information posters and leaflets that have been produced are simple but effective, and show you exactly who to contact should you be affected by ASB.”

You can pick up one of these leaflets at council facilities including Community Centres and Leisure Centres.

Read more: Resident blasts ‘chronic’ anti-social behaviour in Armagh estate

Sign Up To Our Newsletter

Most read today

More in Armagh