Keep up with Armagh i

88-year-old man injured in county Armagh fire

An 88-year-old man was treated at the scene of a house fire in Poyntzpass.

An 53-year-old woman was also treated for smoke inhalation at the scene on the Tannyoky Road on Thursday morning.

Around 11.20am firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to extinguish the blaze.

Crews used a Microvent to administer oxygen therapy to a 88-year-old man and a 53-year-old woman for smoke inhalation at the scene.

The cause of the fire appeared accidental.

Fire crews from Newry station attended the incident.

Read more news:

Hilarious Twitter reaction to JJ McParland on Britain’s Got Talent

Construction on new Armagh Costa Coffee store to begin in weeks

Public consultation begins on future of Armagh Minor Injuries Unit

Masked man robs service station outside Armagh

Join Our WhatsApp

Don't miss a headline with a daily round-up as well as major breaking news. Message 'News' to 07938050001.

Most read today

More in News