Swift acting firefighters prevented a serious blaze from getting out of control at a county Armagh chip shop late on Monday night.
The fire broke out at Big Tee’s Diner in Lurgan just before 8pm last night.
Two crews from Lurgan and one from Portadown attending the incident at the Victoria Street premises.
The fire took just over an hour to deal with with crews wrapping up around 9.20pm.
The cause of the fire was considered accidental.
Councillor Declan McAlinden was full of praise for the firefighters’ prompt action.
“Massive thank you to Lurgan Fire Brigade tonight [Monday] on dealing with a serious fire at a food premise in Lurgan,” he said.
“Their quick response no doubt prevented a more serious situation,
“Well done lads!”
A Loughgall man charged with being unlawfully at large after failing to return from...
A man has been sentenced to three months in prison for stealing a supplement...
An pub landlord and barmaid have been fined for serving alcohol after the hours...
/ 2 weeks ago
Armagh woman Grainne O’Neill will be hosting an event ‘Recharge You’ at the Canal...
/ 3 weeks ago
Come along to Northern Ireland Opera’s ‘Imagine!’, at Armagh’s Market Place Theatre on Saturday,...