A 14-year-old girl has been found in county Armagh vomiting on herself after having a fit, according to the PSNI.
She was found alone by a member of the public after taking what is suspected to be ‘Salvia’, a form of herbal ecstasy.
Police in Craigavon have issued a warning on the dangers of the drug after it was discovered that another young teenager had to be revived by an off-duty nurse on the same day.
He too was displaying the same symptoms – vomiting, high high rate and in a state of fitting.
PSNI, posting on their social media, said: “Most of you may not have heard of it, but it’s about time you did. Salvia is a drug, one of the so called psychoactive substances.
“It’s sometimes referred to as herbal ecstasy, and usually comes in dried leaf form.
“We’ve been lead to believe however that it is now in liquid form, possibly able to be smoked in an e cig. Whatever has been done to it though, it’s not good.
“This girl was found by a caring member of the public. She was alone, throwing up, and according to our NIAS colleagues, had such a racing heart rate it was possible she’d had a fit.
“The same day, we discovered that an off duty nurse had had to REVIVE a teenage boy who had the same symptoms.
“Folks, if you’re experimenting, THINK. If you don’t know what it is, don’t put it in your body. If these teenagers hadn’t been found and had choked on their own puke, it would be 2 deaths we’re talking about.
“Parents- make your kids aware of what this stuff does and also of the reality of what dealers do: they care about NOTHING but profit.
“They will mix their products with ANYTHING if they think it will give a bigger hit and keep people coming back. You’d unblock drains with some of the filth they use.”
If you have any information on who is dealing Salvia contact police on 101, or alternatively you can speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A Co Armagh man has been sentenced to seven months in prison fracturing man’s...
An habitual drink driver has been banned for five years after crashing his moped,...
A woman has been fined and received three penalty points after overloading with friends from...